June 14-17, 2018
You’re invited to join Joseph Giunta in celebrating his 30th Season with the Des Moines Symphony. This weekend getaway to Chicago will feature a performance of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra conducted by Riccardo Muti with cellist Yo-Yo Ma in the city where Maestro Giunta began his conducting career.
This 4-day / 3-night trip includes
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra performing of Prokofiev’s Symphony No. 3 and Shostakovich’s Cello Concerto No. 2 featuring Yo-Yo Ma, cello and Riccardo Muti, conductor
- Reception and dinner with Maestro Joseph Giunta
- Admission and guided tour of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Fireworks cruise of the Chicago River and Lake Michigan
- Pre-Broadway World Premiere of The Cher Show at the Oriental Theatre
All trip packages include concert tickets, admission fees for tours, roundtrip transportation on a Hawkeye luxury motor coach with a uniformed driver and professional tour guide, hotel accommodations, luggage handling, and most meals. Per-guest total costs vary based on hotel room occupancy.
- $1,239/person for triple or quad occupancy (3-4 guests / 2 beds)
- $1,299/person for double or twin occupancy (2 guests / 1 or 2 beds)
- $1,549/person for single occupancy (1 guest / 1 bed)
A $250 deposit for each guest is due by March 1, 2018 to ensure your spot on the trip. The balance is due in full by April 9, 2018.
For more information or to make your reservation, please call Renée Davenport, Donor Relations & Administration Manager, at 515.280.4000 x0 or email email@example.com