Pappajohn Sculpture Park
Join a Des Moines Symphony musician and a Des Moines Art Center docent in an interactive tour through the Pappajohn Sculpture Park. Our Symphony musician will perform excerpts from a new piece, Symphony In Sculpture, inspired by the Pappajohn Sculpture Park and written for the Des Moines Symphony’s 75th Anniversary Season debut, and a docent will explain each sculpture featured in the work.
Tours begin at the corner of 15th and Locust Streets and will progress in the following order:
- T8 (Mark di Suvero)
- White Ghost (Yoshitomo Nara)
- Back of a Snowman (White) and Back of a Snowman (Black) (Gary Hume)
- Thinker on a Rock (Barry Flanagan)
- AncientForest(Deborah Butterfield)
- Spider (Louise Bourgeois)
- Post-Balzac (Judith Shea)
- Moonrise. East. January and Moonrise. East. August (Ugo Rondinone)
- Nomade (Jaume Plensa)
This is a 2012 Des Moines Symphony Week event. Find out more about the week’s events here and experience the world premiere of Symphony in Sculpture on Sep 29 & 30.