Des Moines Symphony 2015-2016 single tickets on sale Monday, August 17, 2015
NEWS FROM THE DMSO
Joseph Giunta, Music Director & Conductor
Richard L. Early, Executive Director
The Temple for Performing Arts ● 1011 Locust Street, Suite 200 ● Des Moines, IA 50309
Date: August 12, 2015
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Sophia S. Ahmad, Director of Marketing & Public Relations ● 515.280.4000, ext. 4011 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
DES MOINES SYMPHONY 2015-2016 SINGLE TICKETS ON SALE MON AUG 17, 2015
DES MOINES – Single tickets for the Des Moines Symphony’s 2015-2016 Masterworks Season and single tickets for Pops: The Music of Billy Joel and New Year’s Eve Pops: The Texas Tenors go on sale Monday, August 17 through Ticketmaster and the Civic Center Ticket Office. Single tickets for Pops: Sutton Foster ln Concert will go on sale at a later date.
MASTERWORKS TICKETS: Single tickets are $15-$60 and are available through Ticketmaster and the Civic Center Ticket Office. Student tickets are $7.50-$30 and are available through the Civic Center Ticket Office (221 Walnut Street, Des Moines; open 9a-5p Monday through Friday and two hours prior to performances). Student rush tickets, subject to availability, are $5 for junior high and high school students and $10 for all other students the day of the concert through the Civic Center Ticket Office.
POPS TICKETS: A limited number of single tickets start at $25 each and are available through Ticketmaster and the Civic Center Ticket Office.
2015-2016 Masterworks concerts, 7:30 p.m. Saturdays & 2:30 p.m. Sundays at the Des Moines Civic Center (221 Walnut Street, Des Moines IA, 50309):
- Sep 26 & 27: Masterworks 1: Season Debut – Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto
- Oct 17 & 18: Masterworks 2: Capriccio Espagnol& Beethoven’s Pastoral
- Nov 14 & 15: Masterworks 3: Prokofiev’s Symphony No. 5– Beyond the Score
- Jan 30 & 31: Masterworks 4: Gerard Schwarz conducts Brahms
- Feb 27 & 28: Masterworks 5: Romeo & Julietand the King of Instruments
- Apr 9 & 10: Masterworks 6: The Moldau, Don Juan& Beethoven’s Third Piano Concerto
- May 21 & 22: Masterworks 7: Season Finale – All Tchaikovsky
2015-2016 Pops concerts, at the Des Moines Civic Center (221 Walnut Street, Des Moines IA, 50309):
- Sat Nov 7: The Music of Billy Joel with Broadway’s Movin’ Outstar Michael Cavanaugh
- Thu Dec 31: New Year’s Eve Pops: The Texas Tenors
- Sat Apr 30: Sutton Foster In Concert(single tickets for this concert will go on sale at a later date)
The Des Moines Symphony is a not-for-profit, professional orchestra formed in 1937 to enrich, educate and inspire the community by performing great orchestral music. The Symphony Association, governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees and operating on an annual budget of more than $3 million, supports the Symphony Academy and its numerous music education programs including four youth orchestras, and supports the Des Moines Symphony Orchestra which performs seven pairs of Masterworks concerts, a Pops series including the traditional New Year’s Eve Pops, education, outreach and family concerts, and other special events in its home at the Des Moines Civic Center. The organization also produces and performs the Des Moines Symphony’s annual Yankee Doodle Pops concert in July on the grounds of the Iowa State Capitol, which attracts more than 100,000, the largest single day attendance of any concert event in the State.