October 20, 2013 parking notice
The IMT Des Moines Marathon coincides with the Des Moines Symphony’s Scottish Fantasy & Rosenkavalier concert on Sunday, Oct. 20. The Des Moines Civic Center will be fully accessible and we look forward to see you at the concert that day! Please allow for extra time to get to the Civic Center. Click on the map below to enlarge and view suggested routes and handicapped drop-off, etc.
Limited Road Access
There will only be one road open adjacent to the Civic Center — Third Street — and that road will be reduced to just one lane. Because only one lane will be open, we are regrettably unable to offer valet parking for the Oct. 20 concert.
The handicapped drop-off location is on Third Street, between Locust and Walnut, in front of the Civic Center.
The following road closures will be in effect on Sunday, October 20, 2013 for the running of the IMT Des Moines Marathon. Please note that Locust and Walnut Streets will be open after the concert.
- Locust Street Bridge: YMCA to Robert Ray Drive, 12 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Walnut Street Bridge: 2nd Street to East 2nd Street, 4 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Robert Ray Drive: Grand Avenue to East Locust Street, 4 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- East 1st Street: Court Avenue to Walnut Street, 4 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Water Street: Court Avenue to Walnut Street, 4 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Locust Street: 4th Street to East 7th Street, 8 to 9 a.m.; 4th Street to East 3rd Street, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Walnut Street: 2nd Street to East 2nd Street, 4 a.m. to 6 p.m.; 4th Street to 2nd Street, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; 10th Street to 15th Street, 8 to 9 a.m.