MORE MARDI GRAS STORIES
- Buzzard Billy’s: Fat Tuesday Celebration. Beads and feathered masks to give away, live music, happy hour starts at 3 p.m., band starts at 6 p.m., hurricane drink specials. Time: 3 p.m.
- Down Under Bar & Grill: Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras Celebration with the Coconut Castaways. Earn your beads, delicious gumbo, hurricanes, cajun music by “Fat Tuesday and The Greasefire Horns.”. Time: 6 p.m.
- Front Row: Fat Tuesday Celebration. Hurricanes, beads, masks, party decorations, shrimp feed, ice sculpture. Time: 6 p.m.-2 a.m. No cover.
- Twisted Parrot: Extra Fat Tuesday. 2 for 1s on everything including pitchers, liter mugs and pizza. Beads will be given out. No cover. Time: 3 p.m.-2 a.m.
- Vieux Carre: 6th Annual Mardi Gras Party. French quarter balconies, beads, sponsored exclusively by Bacardi and Miller Lite. Fat Tuesday frozen drinks, drink specials, MC, free beads and masks throughout the night. Time: 8 p.m. $5.
- DuBay’s Restaurant: Fat Tuesday Celebration. Crayfish broil, $4 hurricanes, $5 fallouts, $3 Jumbalaya shots (including tabasco and peach, it’s their specialty shot). Reservations suggested especially on Feb. 1 and Feb. 2. Date: 5 p.m.-2 a.m. Feb. 1 and 2; 5 p.m.-midnight Feb. 5.
- Flying Mango’s: Fat Tuesday Celebration. Free piece of king cake with the purchase of a southern-inspired meal. Dishes include jumbalaya, red beans and rice, shrimp or chicken creole, and cajun catfish. Dixie Beer, a New Orleans staple, will be $2 for the evening. Brews include Blackened Voodoo (chef’s pick), Lager, and Jazz Light. Reservations highly suggested. Time: 5 p.m.-9 a.m.
- Michael’s Restaurant & Lounge: Fat Tuesday Celebration. Blackened catfish, crayfish, hurricanes, jumbalaya, red beans and rice with andouille sausage (a spicy sausage) and a new feature this year, seafood stew (with shrimp, crab, salmon, and cod), beads, party favors. No reservations, first come, first serve. Time: 5 p.m.-1 a.m.
- Mojo’s: Fat Tuesday Menu. Hurricane and martini specials will be available. In addition to their regular menu, they will have cajun inspired small plate dishes. Reservations suggested. Time: 5 p.m.
- Simo’s Cafistro: Fat Tuesday Menu. Snapper stew (turtle, crawfish, alligator), Touffe, shrimp creole, jumbalaya, blackened catfish, blackened prime rib, hurricanes, hand grenades (it’s a secret green libation that owner and chef Randy Simonini.). No reservations, first come, first serve. Time: 5 p.m.
Know of an event we don’t have listed? E-mail Juice Staff Writer Sophia Ahmad atsophia@dmJuice.com.
SUPPORT THE SYMPHONY
Partner with us to continue to bring the best music to Des Moines! Learn More