Natasha Paremski plays Rachmaninoff’s thrilling, grand Third Piano Concerto in a passionate concert inspired by Beethoven’s “Immortal Beloved” letters
“Ever thine. Ever mine. Ever ours.” So Beethoven closed a July 1812 letter to his “immortal beloved,” a woman whose identity has remained one of the great mysteries of classical music. Beethoven’s passionate love letters come alive in a musical celebration of great passion from Mendelssohn to Shostakovich, Romeo & Juliet to Moonlight Sonata and more. This unique program is capped with a virtuosic tour de force as Natasha Paremski returns to play Rachmaninoff’s thrillingly grand Third Piano Concerto.
- MENDELSSOHN Overture to A Midsummer Night’s Dream Listen
- ROTA Love Theme from Romeo & Juliet Listen
- BEETHOVEN Immortal Beloved Letter No. 1
- BEETHOVEN Allegretto from Symphony No. 7 Listen
- BEETHOVEN Immortal Beloved Letter No. 2
- BEETHOVEN Moonlight Sonata Listen
- BEETHOVEN Immortal Beloved Letter No. 3
- SHOSTAKOVICH/ATOVMIAN Romance from The Gadfly Listen
- RACHMANINOFF Piano Concerto No. 3 Listen
Concert Prelude Talks begin 45 minutes prior to each Masterworks concert in the Prairie Meadows (East) Lobby.
Single tickets for this concert will go on sale in fall 2020.
Single tickets are $15-$70 and are available through Des Moines Performing Arts. Please note single ticket prices are subject to a $5 increase on the day of the concert, excluding student rush tickets.
Student tickets are $7.50-$35 and are available through the Civic Center Ticket Office. Student rush tickets, subject to availability, are $5 for junior high and high school students and $10 for all other students the day of the concert through the Civic Center Ticket Office. One ticket sold per valid Student ID.
Reserve your seats now - subscribe to our Masterworks Series and get your tickets before they go on sale to the general public.