Water Works Pops is presented through generous lead support from Linda & Tom Koehn.
Joseph Giunta, conducting
Lauridsen Amphitheater at Water Works Park
2201 George Flagg Pkwy, Des Moines, IA 50321
Join us for a thrilling evening of music and movies as the Symphony celebrates iconic composer John Williams! Bring your picnic baskets and join us for an evening of beloved film favorites, from Harry Potter to Star Wars and beyond, played live by the musicians of your Des Moines Symphony. Join us under the stars in in the Lauridsen Amphitheater at Water Works Park for this free, family-friendly symphonic celebration.
General Admission on the lawn is free and open to the public. Concert attendees are welcome to bring picnic blankets or lawn chairs, and can purchase food and drinks from an array of vendors at the concert.
5:00PM: Parking lot access begins
6:00PM: Food and drink vendors open, VIP Club opens
7:30PM: A John Williams Spectacular at Water Works Pops
- $10 parking will be available in Lot A, north of the concert grounds. Lot A can be accessed via Fleur Drive.
- Free parking will be available in Lot B, southwest of the concert grounds. Lot B is a twenty minute walk from the amphitheater; a shuttle will also be provided. Lot B can be accessed from George Flagg Parkway.
- Valet parking is available for $20 and can be accessed from the Fleur Drive entrance across from Gray’s Lake.
- A designated drop-off for Uber, Lyft and Taxi will be in the DMWW Administration Building Parking Lot at 2201 George Flagg Parkway.
- Accessible parking is available in the DMWW Administration Building Parking Lot at 2201 George Flagg Parkway. Only those with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) parking tags or plates will be allowed in this lot.
- An ADA drop-off zone will be available; follow the signage from the Administration Building Parking Lot.
- Ride the trails to Water Works Park! The Des Moines Street Collective will offer a FREE bike valet on the concert grounds for Water Works Pops. Get more information here.
Food & Drink
- Food and drink will be available for purchase onsite. Vendors include Mediterranean Grill, The Leaf Grill & Wokery, Tortilla 911, Fresh Cafe & Market, and Curious Orange.
- Picnic baskets and outside food are allowed in the concert grounds.
- Beverage vendors will offer a variety of beers and wines, including Confluence’s Waterworks Wit and Jasper Wines. Non-alcoholic beverages will also be available for purchase.
- All bars are cash only.