Water Works Pops is presented through generous lead support from Linda & Tom Koehn.
Joseph Giunta, conducting
Renée Elise Goldsberry, vocalist
Lauridsen Amphitheater at Water Works Park
2201 George Flagg Pkwy, Des Moines, IA 50321
Celebrate under the stars as the Symphony kicks off its free outdoor concert series with Renée Elise Goldsberry! This Tony and Grammy Award-winning Broadway star originated the role of Angelica Schuyler in Hamilton; now, she lends her incredible voice to a glittering evening of Broadway, pop and soul in the Lauridsen Amphitheater at Water Works Park. Don’t miss your shot to hear this Hamilton star live with the Des Moines Symphony!
- General Admission to the concerts will be free and open to the public; concert attendees are welcome to bring picnic blankets or lawn chairs, and can purchase food and drinks from an array of vendors at the concert.
- Join the Water Works Pops VIP Club! The Water Works VIP Club is the easiest, most comfortable option at Water Works Park offering premium general admission seating near the front of the Lauridsen Amphitheater along with light snacks, drink voucher, and more.
- Elevate your experience! Upgrade to a Patron Package for additional benefits including a catered dinner, early access to seating, and reserved parking.
5:00PM: Parking lot access begins, VIP Club opens
6:00PM: Food and drink vendors open
7:30PM: Renée Elise Goldsberry at Water Works Pops
- $10 parking will be available in Lot A, north of the concert grounds. Lot A can be accessed via Fleur Drive.
- Free parking will be available in Lot B, southwest of the concert grounds. Lot B is a twenty minute walk from the amphitheater; a shuttle will also be provided. Lot B can be accessed from George Flagg Parkway.
- Valet parking is available for $20 and can be accessed from the Fleur Drive entrance across from Gray’s Lake.
- A designated drop-off for Uber, Lyft and Taxi will be in the DMWW Administration Building Parking Lot at 2201 George Flagg Parkway.
- Accessible parking is available in the DMWW Administration Building Parking Lot at 2201 George Flagg Parkway. Only those with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) parking tags or plates will be allowed in this lot.
- An ADA drop-off zone will be available; follow the signage from the Administration Building Parking Lot.
- Ride the trails to Water Works Park! The Des Moines Street Collective will offer a FREE bike valet on the concert grounds for Water Works Pops. Get more information here.
Food & Drink
- Food and drink will be available for purchase onsite. Vendors include Mediterranean Grill, The Leaf Grill & Wokery, Tortilla 911, Fresh Cafe & Market, and Curious Orange.
- Picnic baskets and outside food are allowed in the concert grounds.
- Beverage vendors will offer a variety of beers and wines, including Confluence’s Waterworks Wit and Jasper Wines. Non-alcoholic beverages will also be available for purchase.
- All bars are cash only.