The Des Moines Symphony Announces Free Tickets for Furloughed Federal Employees
The Des Moines Symphony has announced that furloughed federal employees are eligible for two complimentary tickets to attend a Des Moines Symphony Masterworks concert of their choice. All Masterworks series concerts through May 2019 are included in the offer (subject to availability).
“Great music has the power to inspire, reduce stress and ease burdens,” said Maestro Joseph Giunta, Music Director & Conductor of the Des Moines Symphony. “The Des Moines Symphony believes everyone should have the opportunity to experience this art form, and we invite federal employees to join us as our guests for an upcoming Masterworks concert.”
Tickets must be reserved before Friday, March 1, 2019, and are available in person only at the Des Moines Civic Center Ticket Office (221 Walnut Street, Des Moines; open 9AM-5PM Monday through Friday and two hours prior to performances). Tickets cannot be reserved by phone or online. A government issued ID is required when reserving tickets.
Eligible concerts include:
- Masterworks 4: Nelson Conducts Bernstein Feb 16 & 17
- Masterworks 5: Ellis Island/The New World March 16 & 17
- Masterworks 6: Simon Sings Porgy & Bess Apr 27 & 28
- Masterworks 7: Season Finale – West Side Story May 18 & 19
- Free Concert Prelude talks begin 45 minutes prior to each Masterworks concert in the Prairie Meadows (East) Lobby
- Find out where to park and what to expect in this visitor’s guide