The Administrative & Finance Assistant is an integral part of the administrative team helping to ensure the smooth-running and professional management of the Des Moines Symphony & Academy. We are seeking a dedicated, people-oriented person who is also highly attuned to deadlines and details.
The Administrative & Finance Assistant works directly with the Symphony & Academy Executive Director and Director of Finance. Responsibilities also include working directly with Symphony Board members to coordinate meeting schedules. They will also facilitate communications between the Executive Director and Symphony staff, Board members, volunteers, donors and ticket buyers.
This is a part-time position. The work schedule will be from 9am - 5pm, Monday and Wednesday; 9am - 3pm, Friday. The work schedule would be negotiable for the right candidate.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with the Executive Director to coordinate meeting schedules, perform administrative duties, manage correspondence and the filing and archiving of Symphony materials
- Serve as the Symphony office manager, coordinate supply orders with all staff and oversee office equipment vendors and office maintenance providers
- Serve as the office receptionist including directing incoming phone calls, greeting visitors and answering general inquiries
- Serve as the chief coordinator for the Symphony Association Board of Trustees’ Board meetings including meeting scheduling, reminders, RSVPs and distribution of Board meeting materials
- Receive and distribute mail to the correct Departments. Log and endorse checks received and direct to the appropriate Department for further processing
- Handle all Accounts Payable responsibilities including verification of invoice documents, purchase order authorizations, obtain all necessary signatures, process mail and maintain the A/P filing system
- Assists the Director of Finance in assessing cash flow needs
- Assists in providing necessary annual audit documentation
Concerts and Special Events
- Assist the administrative staff as needed and work at mutually agreed upon concerts and fundraising events. These hours would be in addition to the regular weekly office schedule and occur on evenings and weekends.
- Associate or Bachelor degree
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, events, and deadlines with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive in finding and implementing solutions
- Experience using Microsoft programs (SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in managing daily workload and remain accountable for achieving goals and completing tasks
- At least two years of related professional experience
- A knowledge and appreciation of symphonic music and/or the performing arts
The hourly rate for this position is $20 - $22 per hour, commensurate with experience. PTO and parking are also provided.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Andrea Solomon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Priority will be given to applications received by Monday, May 22.